Curious Cosmos
Sign in to follow this  
Cosmo

The Dresden Files

Has anyone here read any of The Dresden Files?

image.png.d24e3c068c8cd8acb524ffc84900ccc6.png

It's about a wizard who works as a private investigator in modern-day Chicago. The whole thing is "urban fantasy" which I'd never read before, but it's absolutely incredible.

Even better is James Marsters as the narrator in the audiobooks. His voice is PERFECT for the tone of the character and the story, and it actually ruined other audio books for me for a while. 

Over the course of the series, things get more and more out of hand. Dresden gets more powerful, but also makes more difficult choices. A very well written series and I can't recommend it enough.

https://www.goodreads.com/series/40346-the-dresden-files

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, DrMalasunto said:

I want to read this.

It really is a great series of books. Funny at the right times, epic at the right times and all of it's a fun read. 

If you're going to get into it, I really recommend the audiobook route. Marsters is the perfect choice for Dresden, so much so that there are people petitioning for an anime-style cartoon (think Star Trek the Animated Series) so that Marsters can be the voice there as well.

Let us know if you pick it up! I wonder if we could build a recommended books section here for stuff like this... Reviews and whatnot.