Curious Cosmos
Sign in to follow this  
Cosmo

Bat-winged man hit by delivery truck?

This is sourced from a YouTube comment. The author of this article reached out to the user, so take this for what it's worth. I still think it's interesting though!

http://www.phantomsandmonsters.com/2018/01/update-bat-winged-man-hit-by-delivery.html

It was around 3:45 AM, I'm driving west on 322 towards Chesterland, Ohio. I'm driving a Freight-liner box truck with a load of newspapers. In the summer time at night, there's always a layer of fog hanging down around the ground, and the moon was bright and the stars were out. Going about 50 mph through the hills I see this dark figure in the moonlight that was coming right at me. It looked HUGE so I slammed the brakes and actually ducked down instinctively because I was driving right towards it at windshield level. I heard a big THUD as the figure had gone over the cab and smacked right into the flat aluminium box right behind the cab at probably 40 mph. I kept my foot on the brake and came to a stop on the side of the road probably about 75 yards from where the impact happened. Wondering if it had smashed in the top of the box and thinking maybe I could see what it was I hit, I got out looked around. The box wasn't smashed in so I walked around to the back of the truck and that's when I saw it in the moonlight almost as clear as day.

This things was HUGE. I thought for sure it was dead, but all of a sudden it rolled over and that's when I saw it's "bat-like" wings, not bird shaped. It rolled over and stood up on 2 legs and was at least 6 feet tall. The thing looked right at me with it's red/orange eyes and I was literally frozen in fear. I could not move at all. Then it spread it's huge wings out, jumped up and flew off. I ran back to the truck and took off towards Chesterland as fast as I could and spent the rest of the night on edge and trying to rationalize what I had just saw. The closest thing I could describe it to is the Jeepers Creepers monster, but I wasn't that close to it that I could see facial features and much detail. Just the 6 foot tall bat winged man with orange-red eyes. I do that route for work every week and every time I go through that stretch on 322 I get uneasy. It freaks me out almost 6 months later.”

There are two problems with this account that I see, first he says this:

The box wasn't smashed in so I walked around to the back of the truck and that's when I saw it in the moonlight almost as clear as day.

There is the above. Then this:

The closest thing I could describe it to is the Jeepers Creepers monster, but I wasn't that close to it that I could see facial features and much detail. 

Now which was it? In the first statement he says he saw it clear as day then in the next he could not make it out.....I am assuming fear may have had something to do with it.

3 hours ago, Polymath said:

You can see a winged figure clear as day, but still not be able to see facial features.

Possible yes...But to me the account lacks plausibility..."The human perception system is rife with always of getting it wrong." Neil Degrasse Tyson